Copyright Removal refers to the removal of public UberTheme copyright information in our themes and extensions. The public copyright information is such information displayed at client browsers when they visit your site.
1. The line “Designed by UberTheme.com” OR “Designed by JoomlArt.com” is allowed to be removed if you are holding a Developer package or Single Theme license of the actual theme.
2. You then can also rebrand the theme for clients but can not resell the theme as your own product.
Scope of Application
1. Which membership offers Copyright Removal option?
- Developer Package
- All Magento single theme purchases.
2. Which UberTheme copyright information is removable?
Copyright Removal removes public branding ONLY. You can modify or remove:
- All UberTheme graphic elements, including the logo of each theme.
- UberTheme copyright statements available in the footer of the theme, including the header, footer, and xml file.
3. Can I remove the copyright notice from all the PHP, CSS source files?
No. UberTheme Copyright Removal will not allow license holders to remove PHP copyright information. Copyright Removal removes the public branding only.
4. How many license domains per packages?
After installation, you will have the template installed in your Magento instance. Follow as below to remove the copyright.
Step 1: Open file
Step 2: Remove/change the text in red below.
<?php echo $this->getCopyright() ?>. Designed by <a href="http://www.ubertheme.com/" title="Visit UberTheme.com!">UberTheme.com</a>.
Note: For theme released before September 2014, the text will refer to JoomlArt.com.
<?php echo $this->getCopyright() ?>. Designed by <a href="http://www.joomlart.com/" title="Visit UberTheme.com!">JoomlArt.com</a>.
Step 3: Save the file and check in your font-end. The copyright must be removed now.
Should you need any further assistance, don’t hesitate to ask in our Question section here.