If you’re about selling products online, which most likely is otherwise you wouldn’t be here, then you need to get your image game going strong. The world of online shopping is all about choosing items based on what you see. Hence, product representation via images is definitely a huge concern that you should consider. Not only does first impression always comes through physical appearance, it also represents your credibility as an e-commerce store. Studies show that product image quality is directly proportional to how shoppers rate an e-commerce store’s competency. And likely so, because nothing spells incompetence than your brand’s disability to carry out a dignified product representation.
So to begin with some effective tips that help with your product image optimization, let us take a quick look at these six fool-proof pointers down the road: Continue reading
People use UB Instant Layered Navigation for all sorts of things. Here’s the story of progressiveparts.com, a car parts store that bridges the gap between part suppliers, garages and end consumers themselves. And their story is truly inspiring.
We sat down for a Q&A interview with Ben Thomas, Progressive Parts’ founder about why they chose Magento 2, how it all came together and the process of building their store with UB Instant Layered Navigation extension.
Filter by Parts with UB Instant Layered Navigation
Dec 13, 2017 Update
UB Data Migration Pro version 3.1.2 has just been released -- here
, Fully compatible with Magento 2.2.2
We’re excited to announce that UB Data Migration Pro 3.1.0 is now available -- a major update overhauls the migration dashboard user interface.
An absolutely overhauled Dashboard UI
Beyond the revamped user interface, here’s a quick glance at all of the amazing things we have improved in 3.1.0:
- Allow to keep original IDs of specific data objects
- Allow to migrate Custom Attributes of Customer and Customer address
- A brand new Dashboard UI
- Compatibility testing with Magento 2.1.9
- Improve with bug fixes
We’ve just released UB Mega Menu version 1.0.5 for Magento 2.1.8, which we think you are going to like. Technically, this update is not just a Magento compatibility release, it has been completely revamped throughout LESS/CSS code base. If you look back at the original code of the old version, you can see that, this update offers such advantages as easier and unlimited customization. The version 1.0.5 introduces an absolutely new default style and restructures all existing 4 styles much simpler. Overall optimizations are to make the extension run smoother with the latest Magento 2.
And you can try it right now here.
UB Mega Menu members, just head to your profile at Ubertheme to download the latest version 1.0.5 and follow our user guide here to keep you up-to-date on what changes we have applied to UB Mega Menu.
Below I’d run you through the new 5 default styles -- a very brief Before & After changes in the Magento storefront layouts: Continue reading
What exactly creates a self-sustaining and competitive Magento site? Excellent product reviews? Good pricing? While these factors do make a good contribution on the success of ecommerce sites, there is much more than the product itself that enhances your ecommerce website’s conversion rate. The secret lies in your design elements. Remember that your website’s visuals appeal more to your shoppers than anything else. Now, before you head off spending a hefty amount for your website interface, take a look at these design elements you can do on your own, with a basic knowledge of your Magento platform, of course. Here are some pointers from ecommerce web designers for you to check out:
Since the launch of UB Instant Layered Navigation last November, we have continued to improve the extension on the feedback coming from the early adopters. Today, we’re very happy to release an important update of this extension which lets you set up Shop By Brand (Manufacturer) functionality with ease. It fully supports multi-website, multi-store configuration. If you’re using our UB Instant Layered Navigation we’d love for you to try it out and share your feedback.
Let’s take an inside look at this new feature:
A visually exciting brands page, with A-Z filter
You must be wondering, why Shop By Brand?
The list of brands is an essential element of Magento store navigation but sometimes the number of brands can be dozens or hundreds. A list of checkboxes would be way too long to handle that, but a dedicated brand listing page is just the right size. Shop By Brand is a way to address this need in a convenient but highly user friendly way.
Shop By Brand -- a great way to showcase collections
Happy early 4th of July, to our American friends!
Ubertheme is offering special sale pricing on our top Magento extensions and themes as part of our 4th of July Sale, which runs now through July 4. You can take advantage of great savings for the items below:
Changelog for (Magento 2 theme) UB Mago -- version 1.0.2:
Latest update: Jan 26, 2018
- Comptability testing with Magento 2.2.1, 2.2.2
- Improved: integrate the latest UB Mega Menu ver1.0.9, with improved off-canvas menu.
- Improved: Implement product image zoom in the Product Detail Page
- Fine-tuning: Improve Wishlist section for clarity
- Fine-tuning: Improve Thank You For Purchase page
- Fine-tuning: Improve the Wishlist’s sidebar for clear layout
- Fixed: Style issue of the Bundle’s product on Quick view popup
- Fixed: Product zoom’s style issue on IE browser
- Fixed: Product zoom’s issue upon hover on mega menu items
- Fixed: mini-cart’s icon alignment issue on Safari
- FIxed: [iPad] The style issue of the review section on Related product on vertical iPad mode
- Fixed: [mobile] improve My Account section
- Fixed: [mobile] adjust the height of slider button on the horizontal view
- Fixed: [mobile] fix the style issue on Bundle product
- Compatibility testing with Magento version 2.2.0
- Updated with the latest UB Mega Menu ver 1.0.8, with improved off-canvas menu.
- Fixed: Select box style issue on IE
- Fixed: Missing left border of the Review textbox on IE (Screen 1024)
- Improved: [mobile] Implement Shop By overlay for better product filtering
- Fixed: Style issue when editting Wishlist
- Fixed: Recently Order block’s style issue (on the sidebar)
- Fixed: [iPad] the border style of the custom tab
- Fixed: [mobile] the Update button overlaps on the minicart
- Fixed: [mobile] missing border on My Account section
- Compatible with Magento version 2.1.9
- Integrate UB ThemeHelper, with revamped codebase for the whole theme.
- Compatible with Magento version 2.1.7
- Compatible with Magento version 2.1.2, 2.1.3, 2.1.4, 2.1.5
- Upgrade the latest modules UB Mega Menu v1.0.3 and 1.0.4, UB Content Slider v1.0.9
- Style New / Sale icon in the page detail
- Style 1 column menu
- Update: UB Mago Quickstart
Over the past two years of building the UB Data Migration Pro, we’ve evolved the extension’s functionalities and performance optimization. And we’ll constantly be improving our migration tool to ensure an even better Magento 2 data migration solution for you.
Today, let’s go through our new critical update -- UB Data Migration Pro version 3.0.9, with additional simple yet incredibly powerful features you should keep an eye out for.
Enhanced delta migration -- Both newly created & changed data in sync
The delta migration is used in the last stage of the data migration process to move data that was created or changed after the first migration from your Magento 1 database to Magento 2.
As you might notice, migrating delta data has been introduced since our major upgrade in UB Data Migration Pro v3.0.0. However, it just covers new data created on the Magento 1 site during your data migration process. That means changes to existing data on your current Magento 1 database are not applied and ported to Magento 2.
UB Data Migration Pro v3.0.9 -- Enhanced delta migration functionality
With the new improvement in version 3.0.9, UB Data Migration Pro keeps both ‘created’ and ‘changed’ data in sync. Then, you can have an exact copy of the latest Magento 1 database at a specific point in time. Not only does this greatly minimize the manual workaround, but it also ensures data integrity, one of the essential factor for any data migration project. How convenient it is! Continue reading
June 5, 2017 Update:
Yesterday, Magento has just announced new releases for both Magento 2.1.4 and Magento 220.127.116.11. These new releases enhance product quality and security, including a fix SUPEE-9652 for the recently discovered Zend Framework 1 library vulnerability.
You can find information on all the changes in Magento 2.1.4 here and Magento 18.104.22.168 here.
We have implemented and tested the patch with our Magento 2 & Magento 1 extensions and themes. Below is the first batch updated for Magento 2.1.4 and Magento 22.214.171.124.
Magento 2.1.4 Updates