Hi Support team,
We are using Uber theme for migrating data from M1 to M2 2.2.6 community. we already migrated few months back and now the tool has to update the records for products and customers.
We started in a machine with configuration
- CPU:Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1205 v6 @ 3.00GHz
HDD: 1TB SATA
and this is running for the past 5 days and is still running. So we decided to set up in another high configured machine with
2. CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU X5650 @ 2.67GHz
HDD: 146GB SCSI
and the process is running for the past 8 hours. the DB has 36000 products, 900 customer records( DB 10 GB size). How long do you think that migration process will take given the number of records and configuration as per 1 & 2.
Is there a quicker way we can achieve this task. please advise.
the DB has 36000 products, 900 customer records
The performance might vary depending on many factors. With your current scope of products & customers, it might take up to 36 hours to complete.
To improve the performance, you can consider a few things below:
- And if possible, when you can enable the Keep Original IDs options, it will help to improve the performance better.
- Use SSD instead of traditional HDD drive (this is one of the crucial factors)
- Run the migration using the CLI mode
Hope that helps.