I have got more CSS related questions
- Where do I change the button colors for Comparison list/Wishlist button – circled in yellow here: http://prntscr.com/h7qh6n
- Where to change the background color for the View button – I want to change it from Black to navy black http://prntscr.com/h7qj3p
- Also want to change the hover background (http://ethiopicbooks.com/customer/account/login/ ) for the button to navy back -- http://prntscr.com/h7qjzj
- Please go to the file: app\design\frontend\Ubertheme\bookshop\Magento_Catalog\web\css\source\_module.less at line 600 to change like you want to.
- Please tell more detail the place you want to change. on the slider or product list? Because it has many places to change this button. Or you can tell me what exactly you want to change I will help you.
- To change hover you need add some CSS code in this file: app\design\frontend\Ubertheme\bookshop\Magento_Customer\web\css\source\_module.less at line 53
Hope it will help you. Please let me know if you need help more further.
So to make it easier where do I change the global colors such as @color-black? That is what is files that sets some of the global colors such as @color-black?
Also an aside question what command line on the SSH do i use to Magento Open Source version 2.2.1; or if there is another way of upgrading to the latest patch please?
Sorry this is my first magento implementation and still on the learning curve.
#1: You don’t need using the LESS available. You only need change the color code like you want.
#2: Please try to see this link: http://devdocs.magento.com/guides/v2.1/release-notes/ReleaseNotes2.1.8CE.html
Hope it will help you. If you still can’t do upgrade please hire someone for this task. I think about the upgrade in Magento 2 too much step and different. You need to take care of this.
I changed like you want to. Please try to check and let me know if you need help further.
I had a look and:
Today’s Highlight block, the Deals of the Week and the New Products on the landing page now look really weird -- half o the size they used to be plus the add to the card icons on the new products is now awkward placed) — have a look you will see/feel what i mean
1 .I have tried to clear browser cache and event tried to view the site on other new computers -- landing pages looks out of place. See the view im getting from my end : http://prntscr.com/h9tpf6
- Also tried to clear cache from SSH but since the last change you applied I have not been able to login – this is the error I get https://prnt.sc/h9tqvh
I tried contacting my hosting provider godaddy but they told me to undo the last change and retry. I wasn’t sure what change you applied so I thought I ask you if you can help
- If you manage to help me with 1 & 2 I would also like to ask you where I can change the hovering color for the CREATE AN ACCOUNT or LOGIN buttons so I can also change them to #002341 instead of pure black
I would like to get done with the look and feel aspects and try to finish the site off by the end of this month.
The last time I logged in with your SSH to edit file, the SSH still worked properly. And all I made was to modify the LESS file: app\design\frontend\Ubertheme\bookshop\Ubertheme_UbQuickView\web\css\source\module\_style.less
After I made changes to the file, I run the following Magento commands:
step1: rm -rf var/*
step2: rm -rf pub/static/*
step3: php -f bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy
step4: php -f bin/magento cache:flush
These commands are aimed at building LESS to CSS only which did not affect the SSH login issue. Could you please contact with your hosting provider for further help on the SSH login? Once it’s available, please re-send such credentials so that I can help you further with the issue you mentioned.
Meanwhile, I also detect a JS issue on your site at the moment.
I tried and it show this message when login Putty http://prntscr.com/ha7142
Please help me check or tell me another way to connect SSH.