Not all products assigned to category shown

I have migrated the data from Magento 1.9.3.6 to Magento 2.2.6. It seems all successful, but when I go to the menu items I do not get all products listed under a certain category. When checked which products are assigned to the category, that seems to be ok. But in the store frontend, using the standard Luma theme, not all products are shown, but for example only the first two.
What could be causing this behavior? So far looking at the data does not give me any clue.
Regards, Arthur

6 answers

Profile photo of Mall Staff 98400.00 $tone November 22, 2018
Public

Hi Arthur,
Did you reindex the data after migrating? Please check your products’ stock status as well.
If the issue you mentioned still persists then, please provide me the following credentials: 

  • URL and Admin credentials of your M2 instance
  • SSH credentials of your M2 instance
  • Let me know the path to your M2 folder

I will help to check further and get back you then.
Regards,
Mall.

#1
Profile photo of Arthur Venis 90.00 $tone November 22, 2018
Public

Hi Mall, I think I have found the solution. It seems the default setting of the stock config are not changed. We do not use the stock options currently, so the system rendered lots of products as out of stock, therefore not showing them.
I also found something else. I redid the migration as to find whether I made a mistake somewhere and this time, I chose the option to merge the websites. Reason was I did end up with two websites and thought that was the problem. With the merge and then following the directions in the Readme file, I got an error on the database and could not do anything anymore. I figured out the scope id was not changed in the database, thus resulting in a catastrophic error on every URL. I changed the scope id from 2 to 1 in the core_config table, after which it seemed to be ok. Is this a known issue?
I will redo today in a local test system -- I am setting up a development Hypernode in a Docker. Will report any troubles when I come across them.
Thanks sofar ! Arthur

#2
Profile photo of ubdev Staff 28400.00 $tone November 22, 2018
Public

Hi Arthur, 
Yes, please move forward with the re-migration. Since data migration might associate with various complex scenarios, it would be best if you can re-migrate on a fresh Magento 2 instance. 
If you run across any issue, please get back to us here, we will work closely with you.
Regards,
Ubertheme team

#3
Profile photo of Arthur Venis 90.00 $tone November 22, 2018
Public

Hi, another question. I have installed the extension on my development server, following the instructions. The result however, in the frame in which the extension runs, is: file not found.
The index.php file in the pub/ub-tool directory is present, though. I did the exact same thing as on my local server, but on this one, it won’t start.
Regards, Arthur

#4
Profile photo of Arthur Venis 90.00 $tone November 22, 2018
Public

I think it’s fixed. I did a clean Magento2 install but the public folder was not a symbolic link as per the direction for the Magento2 installation. I removed the public folder and recreated it by using a symbolic link to magento2/pub and this apparently did the trick, as the tool now appears in the browser.
Not sure what exactly the difference is with the original symbolic links (of files into the public directory).
Cheers ! Arthur 

#5
Profile photo of Mall Staff 98400.00 $tone November 22, 2018
Public

Hi there,
Yeah, It may relates to your server settings. If you have access to dashboard of our migration tool. Let’s continue with steps of data migration as guide of our tool in Readme.html.
And contact me if you need further assistance.
Regards,
Mall.

#6

Please login or Register to Submit Answer

Written By

Comments