Provided that you have installed the Magento base already, decide which way to install and follow steps as below.
1. Manual Installation
Step 1: BaseTheme Installation
Kindly install Magento extension BaseTheme in advance of any other installations to avoid unexpected conficts that may occur.
To install, copy the BaseTheme folder in the extracted folder mage_ext to your site root folder.
For more about BaseTheme, visit its detailed documentation.
Step 2: Theme Installation
1. Copy the folders skin and app to your site root folder. The overwritten folders should have a directory layout like this:
2. Log in to your Admin Panel e.g. //www.yourdomain.com/admin. Log out and log in back.
3. Navigate to System >> Cache Manakidstoreent, Sellect All the cache types, take Action as Refresh and Submit.
4. Navigate to System >> Configuration >> Design.
5. In Themes tab, input Default field with the actual theme name e.g. “kidstore” instead of “purity”.
6. You can also change the settings for Kidstore Header.
7. Click Save Config button to finish.
Step 3: Extension Installation
1. Copy all the folders of each extension folder in mage_ext to the your site root folder.
2. In your Admin Panel, navigate to System >> Configuration.
3. To enable any extension, enter this one’s tab and set Enable to “Yes”.
4. Click Save Config button to finish.
2. QuickStart Installation
Quickstart package is to minimize time and effort in installing the theme as per Demo site. Kindly note that, with Quickstart, all your existing data will be overwritten. Thus, we recommend using Quickstart for your first installation or just in case you want to refresh your site to the very beginning.
1. Upload the folder quickstart to your server. In Quickstart folder you will see the extracted folder that includes all sample data.
2. Create a database for your Magento store using phpMyAdmin.
3. To install, open a browser and navigate to your URL (where the Quickstart package uploaded) to load the default Magento installer. Kindly follow each step of the Installer so that the installation process can be set.
4. In the Configuration step, input the required fields as below.
- Do not use “localhost” in URL, otherwise you could not log in to your Admin area (you should use your local IP in case of installing on your computer).
- Leave Tables prefix field blank.