Magento 2 employs backend caching at many levels within the system -- File System (default), Database, Redis and Varnish, which is used to store web pages to speed up the load processes and improve your Magento 2 site performance.
In this post, we are going to introduce a couple of handy CLI (Command Line Interface) commands -- one of the simplest methods to manage your Magento 2 cache. We will also make a short overview of Magento 2’s default cache backend solution -- file system; the difference between cache:flush vs. cache:clean.
Let’s roll in. Continue reading
For the past few months, we have gone extra miles in developing and improving our Magento 2 extensions. Some of these extensions also compliment our responsive Magento 2 themes. The goal is to bring improved native features in our extensions and themes and make it easier for you to set up new Magento 2 stores.
Our eight Magento 2 extensions that are becoming must-have items for ecommerce stores trying to stay ahead are: Continue reading
We just pushed version 1.0.2 stable out for our [M2] UB One Step Checkout extension.
This new release adds the Delivery Date & Time functionality, House Security Code, enhanced Delivery Note to the core. Let’s dive in to learn in more details.
Let customers select preferred delivery date and time
With the new delivery date & time functionality in UB One Step Checkout ver 1.0.2, you -- as a Magento store owner -- can set allowable days for order and create multiple time ranges for delivery. For instance, your online grocery shops just do delivery on Monday to Friday, then you want your customers not to select the weekends which you can not deliver. Under this circumstance, you simply enables only the required delivery days and unselect the weekends.
Create multiple delivery slots for each day of the week
Magento 2 utilizes the LESS preprocessor to simplify theming. This makes theme customization intuitive and promotes the writing of reusable and maintainable CSS codes through features like variables, mixins, and inline imports.
From standpoint of a frontend developer, LESS compilation (aka CSS preprocessing) is one of the most important part of M2’s static content deployment that you work most of the time on your Magento 2 custom projects.
To help you understand the context of this subject, this post will explain in brief about the LESS preprocessor for Magento 2, three types of LESS compilation. It also walks you through steps to compile LESS in server-side compilation mode for customizing your theme styles. Continue reading
Changelog for (Magento 2) UB One Step Checkout extension (version 1.0.2 Stable)
Latest update: July 6, 2018
- Compatibility testing with Magento 2.2.5
- Add: Support Delivery date and time functionality
- Add: Support to show Delivery Date & Time in the Sales Order email template (needs additional configuration)
- Add: Allow to fill in house security code on delivery (optional)
- Improve: Allow to enable Delivery / Order note in either Delivery Time or Order Overview blocks
- Fixed: fix bugs and improvement styles and coding convention
- Added: Support GeoIP that allows to detect customer address automatically based on the IP address.
- Improved: Restructure Advanced Settings section on the backend for better UI/UX
- Fixed: Bugs and improve styles
Fourth of July is finally here -- Let’s celebrate Independence Day and make the most of your special holiday discount.
From now until July 7th, take 30%OFF your order with the code: UBJuly18. If you’re looking to start a new Magento store, now is the best time to grab our extensions and themes for more value but less money. For all the changes and updates we recently made for our Magento products, it’s worth to join us.
Changelog for (Magento 2) UB Instant Layered Navigation extension (version 1.0.4)
Latest update: Jun 29, 2018
- Compatibility testing with Magento 2.2.3, 2.2.4, 2.2.5
- Improved: product’s image showing, handling the case that products have no images, specific placeholder images from back-end configuration will be loaded in the product listing in layered navigation.
- Compatibility testing with Magento 2.2.1, 2.2.2
- Improved: product’s images exporting. Supports custom width and height for product’s images in the listing page
Changeling for (Magento 2) UB Content Slider extension (version 1.1.2)
Latest update: Jun 29, 2018
- Compatibility testing with Magento CE 2.2.5
- Fixed: Issue when disabling the slider via backend
- Fixed: Slider does not get loaded in mobile view
- Compatibility testing with Magento CE: 2.2.2, 2.2.3, 2.2.4
- Improved: Remove required values on publish time and end time. Allow to clear current values of publish time and end time by click event.
- Improved: Change the way to list slide items depending on publish time and end time values.
Changelog for (Magento 2) UB Mega Menu extension (version 1.1.0)
Latest update: Jun 28, 2018
- Compatibility testing with Magento 2.2.4, 2.2.5
- Fixed: Offcanvas issue -- Submenu was not activated upon click
- Fixed: Adding a Magento 2 static block content (form), the input fields loose its focus on a click event.
- Fine tuning and Compatibility testing with Magento 2.2.2, 2.2.3
- (Continued) Improve UI/UX and fix minor bugs
Changelog for (Magento 2) UB Quick View extension -- version 1.0.3.
Latest update: Jun 28, 2018
- Compatibility testing with Magento CE: 2.2.0, 2.2.1, 2.2.2, 2.2.3, 2.2.4, 2.2.5
- Added: Allow to update catalog gallery images depending on swatch click events
- Improved: removed custom styles in Configurable Swatch Block
- Compatibility testing with Magento CE: 2.1.0, 2.1.1, 2.1.2, 2.1.3, 2.1.4, 2.1.5, 2.1.6, 2.1.7, 2.1.8, 2.1.9
- Fixed: Color and size issue on configurable product on Magento CE 2.1.0 -- when selecting color/size, the product image is not updated properly.
- Fixed: Quickview button style issue on desktop 1280px