Advanced Product Tabs will be a built-in feature of our upcoming premium Magento 2 theme -- UB Trex Pro.
With this built-in feature, you can easily create multiple custom tabs with dynamic content, assign the tabs to any individual products and reorder tabs using a visual drag and drop interface. It gives you complete control over your product page tabs right from your Magento 2 admin dashboard.
Here, you can have a quick view on the key features of Advanced Product Tabs feature that will be packed with our upcoming [M2] UB Trex Pro theme: Continue reading
In the upcoming weeks, we’ll be releasing a brand new Magento 2 theme. In the build-up to the theme launch, we’re giving you an exclusive preview of the product page layout’s wireframes that we’re working on. Here is a glimpse at our upcoming product pages:
- Product Page Layout #1: Classic Product Page
- Product Page Layout #2: Horizontal Classic Product Page
- Product Page Layout #3: Fullscreen Product page with Slider
- Product Page Layout #4: Fullscreen Product page with content
- Product Page Layout #5: Product Page with Accordion
- Product Page Layout #6: Product Page with sidebar column
The product page can be difficult to get right. We try to create product page layouts and features that care consistent across the entire catalog, and try to balance between too much information and lack of information.
Delta migration is worth noting when you plan to migrate data from Magento 1 to Magento 2.
This article informs you which delta migration options UB Data Migration Pro provides and how you should use them. All of the important steps that have to be carried out for the delta migration are covered in this article. Additionally, frequently asked questions are also described in detail to give you a fundamental understanding of the delta migration feature. Continue reading
Changelog for (Magento 2) UB Mega Menu extension (version 1.1.5)
Latest update: Feb 13, 2018
- Add more tweak code to clean related HTML markup when Menu Item Title is empty or disabled.
- Add a new value ‘No Link’ to the Menu Item Link for more flexibility in setting up mega menu items.
- Fine-tuning LESS/CSS and PHP functions
- Compatibility testing with Magento 2.2.7 and Magento 2.3.0
- Added: Allow to show menu item’s thumbnail for the menus using the category page type.
- Added: Allow to sync CMS pages with related menu items automatically. You can disable/enable this feature in the back-end configuration.
- Improved: Improve the Edit menu item function in the backend. It brings user back to the menu item that has just been changed after being saved/imported menu items.
- Improved: Improve the active state of the menu items to improve performance (by changing from server side to client side processing)
- Improved: Improve and added new LESS/CSS and PHP functions
Changelog for (Magento 2) UB Data Migration Pro extension (version 3.1.8)
Latest update: Jan 24, 2019
- Fine tuning for some special bad data circumstances
- Revamped installation workflow that allows to store UB Data Migration Pro source flexibily in any repo (git/svn) without coming across the errors when running the bin/magento setup:di:compile command. This is handy in case you need to reinstall or move Magento 2 instance to a new server at some point, then UB Data Migration Pro’s source code in such instance remains available for re-installation. This allows for automated deployments set up for Magento 2 stores.
- Compatibility testing with Magento 2.2.7, 2.3.0
- Fine tuning for some special bad data circumstances
- Fine tuning for converting configurable products’ prices to Magento 2, including special prices and price variations
In 2018, there has been an increase in the number of e-commerce stores that carry out Magento migration. We believe this number would continue to rise in 2019 due to upcoming Magento 1’s end of support. It’s no longer the question of ‘Should you migrate your Magento 1.x to Magento?’. It’s more about how you should do it and which migration tool you should use.
This Magento data migration FAQs Part III takes you through the frequently asked questions specific to our UB Data Migration Pro extension which were not covered in our Magento data migration FAQ Part 1 and Part 2.
This FAQs is aimed at helping you identify which is causing the errors that you might see at some point and the appropriate resolution.
|Q1. Today we are taking a look on rules migration, we cannot edit any migrated rule. It shows this error: Unable to unserialize value. It works properly with new rules, not the migrated one.
|This circumstance occurred with a user who attempted to use our old UB Data Migration Pro v3.1.4 with the latest Magento 2.3.0 (Disclaimer: Upgrading to UB Data Migration Pro v3.1.7 is needed for compatibility with Magento 2.3.0).
After completing the first migration, the migrated sales rules were stored in serialized strings in accordance with Magento 2.2.x. Then the user upgraded his migrated instance to the latest Magento 2.3.0. However, due to the incomplete upgrade, those migrated sales rules were not converted to the new JSON format required by Magento 2.3.0. This was the reason of getting the error message above ‘Unable to unseriazlie value’.
Resolving the problem:
Upgrade to the latest UB Data Migration Pro v3.1.7 for compatibility with Magento 2.3.0, then run the delta migration with the CLI mode —update in Step 8 -- Migration Settings > Others.
If you read our previous blog post, you will already be aware that Magento 2.3 is that latest major release adding great new improvements and impactful functionalities:
- Progressive Web App (PWA)
- GraphQL support
- Declarative DB Schema
- Asynchronous and Bulk Web API
- Elasticsearch Updates (Moved to Magento Open Source)
- Complete PHP 7.2 Support
- Multi Source Inventory (MSI)
- WYSIWYG Upgrade
- Page Builder
- Cache-Management ACL
- Google reCAPTCHA and Two Factor Authentication
Today we’re happy to announce compatibility updates of our Magento 2 themes and extensions that help get you started with both Magento 2.2.7 and Magento 2.3. You can find the official release note of the latest Magento 2.3 here.
Magento 2.3.0 Updates
Changelog for (Magento 2) UB One Step Checkout extension (version 1.0.6)
Latest update: Jan 2, 2018
- Testing for compatibility with Magento 2.2.7 and Magento 2.3.0
- Fixed: Style issue of the Shipping fields (The Fax field was pushed down far below the City field)
- Fixed: State/Province value in the Customer address was not saved
- Fixed: Shipping address was not saved when the billing address has the region_id
The last day of the year is ticking by, and it’s almost time to ring in the new 2019.
We would like to thank you all who have been with us from the very beginning and those who recently hop on board, your support really meant the world to us. Looking back at 2018, all wouldn’t be possible without your awesome support and it only pushed us to do even better for every release.
On behalf of the Ubertheme team, we wish you a Happy New Year and hope that 2019 will be another year that brings you to greater heights with Magento. Stay tuned throughout this coming year for more info as we plan and build better products for you in 2019.
To help you plan ahead, we’d like to offer deep discounts on our entire library of extensions and themes for Magento 2. Whether you’re planning for Magento data migration or building fresh Magento 2 websites, we’ve got you covered at Ubertheme.
You may have heard about the Magento PWA before, read Magento’s announcement about it’s PWA priority, or awaited for a chance to get your hands on the Magento PWA … It is now time for you to start playing with it.
You can get started with our demo shop below which was built fully on Magento PWA Studio (beta). While this demo remains a work-in-progress and does not offer full PWA functionality yet, you can explore as a way of getting used to the Magento PWA frontend functionalities and possibilities of Venia Storefront.
Before heading to the live demo, you can have a quick glance at some of the pwa pages: Continue reading