According to Baymard Institute, a web research company in the UK, the average cart abandonment percentage is 69.23% (last updated: Jan 9, 2017).
Think about that. Clearly shopping cart abandonment is a big problem. Common reasons for checkout abandonment vary from shipping costs or additional taxes, shipping times or problems with the checkout such as too many steps, bad site performance etc.,
Since the checkout is one of the most crucial aspects to increase conversion, Magento 2 checkout has been completely redesigned from the ground-up. Unlike Magento 1.x, the new checkout gets a big overhaul with simpler 2-step navigation, standard anonymous checkout, payment method integration, dynamic delivery cost estimation.
The new Magento 2 checkout keeps your basket free of clutter, clean and faster. And with better checkout experience, it effectively reduces the chances of the customers abandoning their basket.
Let’s dive into those key features and improvements in Magento 2 checkout: Continue reading
Season’s greetings to all our friends and families. As 2017 draws to a close, we’d like to thank you for the opportunity to work with and serve you over the past years. We really couldn’t thank you enough.
In celebration of the new year, as a gesture of appreciation, we’d love to add more value to you with a special deal this New Year 2018. After selecting the extensions or themes you wish to purchase, you may use the coupon codes highlighted below for the respective products:
In case you missed, check out Magento 2 Data Migration FAQs (Part I)
A couple of months ago, we shared our first Magento 2 Data Migration FAQs. It highlights 10 key questions about Magento data migration, information about migration tool and best practices for using it to migrate your data.
Today, I’m sharing 15 of the specific problems our users faced in their actual Magento migration projects, and how to deal with them. These typical issues might occur because some behaviour and logic of Magento 1 has been implemented differently in Magento 2.
I hope they’re as valuable for you as they’ve been for us. And you will have a solid preparation and make a smooth transition to Magento 2.
|Q. Couldn’t connect to Magento 1 database
|If your Magento 1’s database is on a separate MySQL server from your Magento 2 instance, it is required to set up remote connection from your Magento 2’s server to your Magento 1’s MySQL. Learn how to set up remote connection from your Magento web note here.
In the meantime, you need to make sure your database credentials (host, port, username, password) are correct.
Two days ago, Magento announced the latest release ver 2.2.2 with a few incredible new features.
Instant Purchase -- an Amazon-like one-click ordering -- is one of them. I’m going to share in more details about this feature below. If you’re looking for an effective way to eliminate cart abandonment, Instant Purchase is definitely a new enhancement you’re going to love.
There’s a good chance that you start planning for 2018, so we have been working hard on updates to make all our premium Magento 2 extensions fully compatible with Magento 2.2.2. Make sure you have all Magento 2 extensions you need (at a huge discount) to exceed your 2018 goals.
Instant Purchase: Amazon-like checkout experience
1-click checkout was a patent solution of Amazon way back in 1999. You might wonder why it was such a game changer? The answer is straightforward, it’s the simplest, fastest way to place an order. Most importantly, it allows customers to complete purchase with a single click using payment credentials and shipping information previously stored with Amazon. It means that when you click Buy now with 1-Click on any product page, it lets you skip the shopping cart and automatically creates an order for that product.
You see, the patent expired on Sept 12, 2017. This is an exciting news for ecommerce merchants everywhere, as it enables all merchants to use similar 1-click checkout technology without having to license it from Amazon.
Creatuity Brings One Touch Ordering to All Magento Merchants
For the next 7 days we’re giving away our premium Magento 2 extensions for free to 3 lucky winners.
We’re not making any special occasions, we just want to say thank you to our awesome members -- and welcome some new ones who will enjoy the new journey with Magento 2.
Today, I am honored to have Roel van Leuken, the Founder and CTO of Kwaaijongens B.V. Roel is a helpful and down-to-earth person. He has been working with Magento when it was brand new in the early days.
In the interview, Roel has shared his views in details about how his team at Kwaaijongens.nl took advantage of Data Migration Pro extension to overcome the biggest challenge -- Magento data migration. So let’s read along and find out more about his journey with Magento.
The Christmas is almost near the corner, and it’s also time to start looking forward to 2018, as it is shaping up to be another ambitious year to engage in many new and exciting updates from Magento 2.
We decided to create 5 Magento wallpapers in a variety of resolutions, feel free to download and use them for your desktops. We hope you will find one to refresh and invigorate your workspace in 2018.
Take a look, and enjoy!
Magento 2 Revolution:
Ubertheme is celebrating Black Friday with a huge sale. For a limited time, we’re offering 50% OFF on Ubertheme’s entire library of themes. This includes over 30 Magento 1 and Magento 2 themes beautifully crafted to make every store made with theme professional and unique to your brand. This save you a ton and get you quick access to all of our gorgeous, mordern themes for one low price. On top of that, you can save 50% on 1 Year Developer Subscription renewal too.
You can also save 20% on Single Magento 2 Extension Purchases which includes UB Mega Menu, UB Instant Layered Navigation, UB Content Slider and UB Quick View; and 15% on UB Data Migration Pro extension.
This offer valids till Nov 27, 2017, so don’t miss this chance to renew your subscription.
Read on to grab the coupon code, Continue reading
Changelog for (Magento 2) UB Mega Menu extension (version 1.0.9)
Latest update: Dec 14, 2017
- (Continued) Improve UI/UX and fix minor bugs
- Fine tuning and Compatibility testing with Magento 2.2.2
- (Continued) Improve UI/UX for off-canvas menu
- Fine tuning and Compatibility testing with Magento 2.2.1
- Improve UI/UX for off-canvas menu
- Tuning LESS/CSS (use additional class ‘ub-mega-menu-vertical’ as default)
- Fine tuning and Compatibility testing with Magento 2.2.0
- Fixed: Could not search sliders with type ‘UB Mega Menu’ in the Widget Options > Select a Menu
- Fine-tuning LESS/CSS (fix the issue with z-index)
- Compatibility testing with Magento 2.1.8, 2.1.9
- Added: Allow to enable/disable Font Awesome via System Config
- Improved: Optimize LESS/CSS codebase
- Fixed: Active class not showing on current category page
- Fixed: “Import Categories” issue
- Compatibility testing with Magento 2.1.3, 2.1.4, 2.1.5, 2.1.6, 2.1.7
- Added: Allow to remove (recursive) menu and sub-menu items
- Added: Sync automatically menu items (with type is category) upon changes of category. Eg. The changes of URL key or newly added sub-categories in category will be automatically synced to the menu item; or a menu item no longer exists if its linked category is deleted.
- Improve: Fine-tuning for better performance
- Compatibility testing with Magento CE: 2.1.0, 2.1.1, 2.1.2
- Fixed: Style issue when selecting Category on Magento 2.1.1
- Fixed: Style issue when selecting Category (in Import Categories view) on Magento 2.1.1
- Fixed: Style issue in the backend drag n drop interface on Magento 2.1.1
- Fixed: Top menu and left menu issue on desktop 1280px view
- Fixed: [Table] Style issue on the left menu
- Added: Allow to import categories and sub-categories recursively
- Added: Allow to import either all categories or specific categories.
- Improve: Fine-tuning Delete menu item function. Don’t allow to delete a menu item with existing child menu items.
Changelog for (Magento 2 theme) UB MegaMall -- version 1.0.6:
Latest update: Dec 29, 2017
- Compatibility testing with Magento 2.2.1, 2.2.2
- Updated with the latest UB Mega Menu ver 1.0.9, with improved off-canvas menu.
- Improved: Update accordion tab in the Product Detail Page
- Improved: Implement product image zoom in the Product Detail Page
- Improved: Fine-tuning style for Downloadable product / Bundle product
- Improved: Fine-tuning style for Account Dashboard (Log-in mode)
- Improved: Fine-tuning confirmation page after successful checkout
- Fixed: Redirect issue of UB Quick View on vertical menu
- Fixed: [Tablet] padding issue of the thumbnails in full image view mode
- Fixed: [Tablet] adjust popup of vertical menu
- Improved: [Mobile] Fine-tuning the Shop By button on Product Grid / List view
- Improved: [Mobile] Fine-tuning full-width Header section
- Fixed: [Mobile] Shop By button issue on Search page
- Compatibility testing with Magento version 2.2.0
- Updated with the latest UB Mega Menu ver 1.0.8, with improved off-canvas menu.
- Fixed: Issue when adding multiple items into the Wishlist on IE
- Fixed: Warning on exception on the frontend when switching to Developer mode
- Fixed: Redirected issue on the My Orders page
- Fixed: [Ipad] Logo position issue on cart detail page
- Fixed: [Ipad] Justify the filter sidebar for long product attributes
- Fixed: Toolbar navigation style issue when switching to next page.
- Fixed: [Ipad] The Update button style issue when click to edit item in the minicart
- Fixed: [mobile] Product image style issue on checkout page
- Improved: [mobile] Implement Shop By overlay for better product filtering
- Fixed: [mobile] Text alignment issue of the breadcrumb
- Fixed: [mobile] Add to Wishlist button issue on the downloadable product
- Fixed: [mobile] Toolbar style issue
- Compatible with Magento version 2.1.9
Fix the issues with the latest Magento 2.1.7 version:
- Fixed: 404 issue when click ‘home’ menu from checkout page
- Fixed: [mobile] style issue of the Add To Wishlist on the product detail page.
- Fixed: The submenu items’ font was resized too small
- Fixed: Automatically switch to default color when selecting a new store.
- Fixed: [tablet] style issue of submenu items
- Fixed: still show the reviews on the quick view popup when setting the Rating = No.
- Compatible with Magento version 2.1.2, 2.1.3, 2.1.4, 2.1.5
- Upgrade the latest modules UB Mega Menu, UB Content Slider
- Style New / Sale icon in the page detail
- Fixed: Menu (1-column) style
- Fixed: [ipad] My wishlist’s style issue
- Fixed: [desktop] Update ‘Sort by’ button when filtering by product name
- Fixed: [iphone 6] adjust the top menu to full width
- Fixed: [desktop] lost image on vertical mega menu on the first loading
- Fixed: [mobile] the textbox search form error