Changelog for (Magento 2) UB One Step Checkout extension (version 1.1.1)
Latest update: Oct 20, 2020
- Testing for compatibility with Magento 2.4.1
- Fixed: The issue with Delivery Time > Time Picker on Magento 2.4.1
- Fixed: Could not checkout with Downloadable Products on Magento 2.4.1
- Testing for compatibility with Magento 2.4.0
- Fixed the issue with the new changes from MaxMind > GeoIP
- Automatically saving customer’s address after the first checkout with a registered account
- Fine tuning the style
- Testing for compatibility with Magento 2.3.4, 2.3.5.
- Fixed the compatibility issue with Amazon payment module core
- Handled the multi language translation of the label of street fields
- Testing for compatibility with Magento 2.3.2, 2.3.3
- Testing for compatible with UB Base extension ver.1.0.0 and later
- Testing for compatibility with Magento 2.3.1
- Fixed the issue when removing an old address and checking with the new address (getting an address from previously placed orders of (customers) billing and shipping address). More details about this scenario: by default the checkbox “same as shipping” is unchecked (make sure that you don’t check the checkbox); select the address (whatever billing address by default in the address book) that displays in the shipping address (Don’t select default shipping address) and default billing address (don’t change the billing address) in the drop-down. In this scenario, one of our users did get popup error.
- Improved: update the codebase to be fully compatible with our new UB Base extension that manages all Ubertheme’s extensions under one backend UI dashboard.
UB Content Slider v1.1.7 now supports Slick carousel by default in addition to the existing OWL carousel library. This release helps to boost and increase sales in a number of ways by allowing you to display attractive banner sliders, best seller product carousels, lookbook, etc on your Magento 2 store using the Slick carousel.
We will walk you through new features and improvements in UB Content Slider v1.1.7 below. Continue reading
Designing a carousel (sometimes called ‘slider’, ‘slideshow’) that works can be a real pain and it’s true that sliders do suck if they aren’t used or designed well. You might have heard of the drawbacks around sliders such as:
- Only a small percentage of people actually click on a slider, which almost always the first slide;
- Sliders don’t always work well on mobile devices;
- People tend to ignore your slider because it triggers banner blindness. Visitors will skip the messages in your slider as they consider it advertisement or promotions;
So, is the carousel really bad? If carousels aren’t that effective, why do people use them?
Actually, carousels introduce a level of complexity to an interface, however, the carousels are everywhere on the web and have been an essential web design tool for e-commerce sites.
So, let’s take a closer look at some real use cases to see the possibilities that carousels offer and learn how to make carousels work better. Continue reading
We’re happy to announce the release of UB Mega Menu v1.2.0 that brings a new menu type -- horizontally stacked category dropdown. This simple solution is handy for a massive retail store with deep level categories.
Let’s take a closer look and see how you can experiment with your mega navigations.
Multiple horizontal menu levels
With the horizontally stacked category dropdown, the mega menu is visually divided into the 3-level structure: Main menu > Submenu 1 > Submenu 2.
On mouse hover, each primary category branches into submenus with corresponding second-level and third-level subcategories visible at once in one dropdown.
New menu type -- Horizontally stacked category dropdown -- UB Mega Menu
Changelog for (Magento 2 theme) UB Bookshop -- version 1.1.2:
Latest update: Sept 9, 2020
- Compatibility testing and fixing issues with Magento 2.4.0
- Added: Integrate new Magento 2 extension — UB Rich Snippets by default.
- Improved: UB Quick View popup style
- Compatibility testing with Magento 2.3.5-p1.
- Fixed: The page was scrolled up when clicking Rating on the Review tab
- Fixed: Style of the message popup on Account Dashboard
- Fixed: Hard to see the Close icon of the Quickview popup on small screen
- Fixed: Change the theme color via Themehelper did not work properly
- Fixed: [iPad] Improving notification popup when a new product is added
- Compatibility testing with Magento 2.3.4.
- Fixed: Missing pagination in the Review tab on the Quick View popup
- Fixed: The issue when clicking ‘Add to cart’ on My Wishlist of a Bundle product
- Fixed: Clicking the ‘Review’ link did not direct to the Review Tab on the Product detail page
- Fixed: “Shopping Cart” popup still shows when scrolling the menu.
- Fixed: The issue when reloading quickview popup of a Configurable product
- Fixed: [ipad] Broken style of Bundle Product on the quick view popup (type: Right to Left)
- Compatibility testing with Magento 2.3.3.
- Fixed: quickview popup (type bottom) did not display properly on screen 1280x1024px
- Fixed: adjusted the highlight border upon hover the product thumbnails on the product detail page
- Fixed: adjusted the position of Add to cart / Quickview icons on the Special Books block
- Fixed: [iPad] quickview popup (type bottom) of the Bundle product did not display properly on the horizontal view
- Fixed: [iPad] Tab was missing when clicking the Review link in the Quickview popup (type: Left to Right)
- Fixed: [mobile] the Review tab was overlapped when clicking to open or close.
Changelog for (Magento 2 theme) UB Trex Pro -- version 1.0.7:
Latest update: Nov 2, 2020
- Compatibility testing and fixing issues with Magento 2.4.1
- Update to the latest UB Mega Menu, UB Content Slider, and UB Quick View extensions.
- Compatibility testing and fixing issues with Magento 2.4.0
- Added: Integrate new Magento 2 extension -- UB Rich Snippets by default.
- Added: Lookbook layouts for Fashion and Furniture
- Fixed: Inherit Layout XML with child_theme through UB Theme Helper
- Improve Minicart style including CTA button and spacing
- Change the Masshead using Category Image instead of Block CMS.
- Add Lazyload Configuration in the UbThemeHelper (UB Trex Pro | Theme | Elements | Main | LazyLoad). Lazyload will be automatically removed when being disabled via Ub Themehelper
- Change Static Block Content to automatically switch images when viewing in different devices
- Change CSS Button (Primary/Secondary) for CSS optimization
- Improved & optimized LESS
UB Rich Snippets extension uses JSON-LD to automatically add valid structured data information (using schema.org vocabulary) about your Magento 2 site in the background. This way, the extension entirely separates the markup data from the HTML code, so you do not need to tweak the HTML elements directly to integrate the snippets.
The extension will primarily focus on supporting the following types of rich snippets:
- Product Snippets
- Category Snippets
- Facebook OpenGraph
- Twitter card (work-in-progress)
- Sitelinks search box
For any kind of aspirational lifestyle products (e.g.. clothing, furniture, footwear, cosmetics, etc), just showing a photo of your product isn’t always enough. You need to promote a particular product or product line in a visually appealing way. This is where a digital lookbook comes in handy.
Enter the lookbook, you’re probably familiar with the similar terms like Shop this room, Shop the look, Shop by Look, Product Tours, etc. When done right, a lookbook page helps to tell a story, engage your customers, and inspire them to buy your products. And the customers can interact and buy straight from your lookbook.
Let’s take a quick look at how you can create a lookbook page for your own Magento 2 store. We’ll cover two options: Continue reading
For anyone familiar with Magento 1, it’s quite common that a configurable product is one of the most popular product types and powerful when you sell complex products with multiple attributes.
However, it can be quite daunting migrating configurable products from Magento 1 to Magento 2 since Magento 1 provides fairly extensive pricing options, such as Special Price, Tier Price, and Cost. That’s why we received many questions like “does the migration tool migrate configurable products attached to the correct simple products and attribute sets?”.
In this article, we will try to cover the main differences of Configurable Products in Magento 1 versus Magento 2 and how our UB Data Migration Pro module helps to migrate all Configurable Products from Magento 1 to Magento 2 automatically. Before we dig deeper, let’s talk briefly about what simple products versus configurable products are. Continue reading
Update: All Magento 2 extensions at Ubertheme are fully compatible with Magento 2.4.0. Check it out here
Magento 2.4 -- a major update -- has just been officially launched today. It comes with improvements in security and performance that make Magento 2 better in various aspects, with over 98 new features, 68 bug fixes to core code, 7 test cycles, and 30+ security enhancements.
For the Open Source edition, here’s what the introduction of M2.4.0 has to offer merchants:
Substantial security enhancements
This release includes 30+ security fixes and improvements which also addresses remote code execution (RCE) and cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerabilities. Continue reading